Monday, July 21, 2014

Finger Lickin' Good Ribs!

Summertime is full of flavor at our house! I typically look for easy to make meals that are good for entertaining and can at least partially be cooked outdoors. We are meat eaters! We love finding meat on sale, and when we do, we will buy several of the same item and freeze what we don't use. JR came home from Walmart with four slabs of ribs that he found on sale. Yay! We all love ribs!



The first time I grilled them, I didn't cook them long enough, so I finished them off in the oven. This made them so tender and delicious that I decided to recreate them in this exact method.

Ingredients
- Slab of Ribs
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Paprika
- One or more of your Favorite Grill Seasonings
- Garlic Powder
- Your favorite BBQ Sauce




Method
- Rinse and pat the ribs dry
- Sprinkle all of the dry seasonings on both sides of the ribs
- Pat seasoning into ribs to coat
- Drizzle olive oil over the meaty side of the ribs



- Cook ribs on grill for approximately 10 minutes on each side. I kept the grill between 350 and 400 degrees



- Pour Sauce over one side of the ribs and cook an additional 10 minutes
- Flip and pour sauce over the other side and cook for 10 more minutes



- Take ribs off grill and place in a broiling pan
- Top with additional BBQ sauce
- Cover with foil and cook for 20 minutes on 300 degrees
- Take foil off and finish off in oven for another 20 minutes
- Cut and enjoy!



Tips
- When you are at the end of your bottle of BBQ sauce, add a dash of vinegar, some soy sauce, and/or worcestershire sauce to the bottle. Shake well, and use this on your meat! This will add additional flavor, plus help you use that last little bit of sauce!
- Spray your grill with a nonstick grilling spray before you start to grill. This helps in the cooking and cleaning process.
- These ribs are great for a farm family. I left the ribs in the oven at a low temperature until JR got home and was ready to eat!

No comments: