Thursday, January 29, 2009
From White Sand to White Snow
Well, we are finally back home in snowy Indiana. We took a much needed, although short, vacation to sunny Florida to visit my parents. With Clayton recovering from the croup (aka, the devil) and a chest cold and mommy in the midst of bronchitis, we really needed a healthy dose of sunshine. We arrived at the Pensecola airport to tempeartures in the mid 70's (and Charlotte's temperature at 101.7) on Friday. We ate lunch at my mom and dad's and then proceeded to the beach where we lounged and dined (Clayton) in the comfort of the fluffy white sand. The next day, I went to Urgent Care and they gave me a Z-Pack and some Alegra. I immediately started feeling better, although my sinuses are still painfully sore and congested. While in Florida, JR and I both got haircuts, went to the movies (for the 1st time in over a year), ate at our favorite Thai restaurant, and visited with friends and family. The highlight of the trip was Clayton entertaining the grandparents! He spent the entire time getting spoiled by them both. The fun came to an end when our plane landed in Louisville on an ice covered runway Tuesday afternoon. We heard that conditions on the interstate back to Evansville where bad, so we opted to stay the night in Louisville. We made the most of it by taking the opportunity to order some amazing pizza, lounging, and playing with Clayton. Our journey concluded yesterday afternoon when we arrived back home in good old Elberfeld!


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am glad you had a good vacation. What a difference it must have been to land back up north with all that snow on the ground!
I am so sorry you were sick and had a fever when you got there. I hope everyone is better now!
He is such a doll!! I am so jealous of your nice warm trip (glad you started feeling better)
Post a Comment